3.06.2006

Oscarred

Oscarred

Since this blog is actually named for an Oscar-winning film, I guess I should throw out a few observations from last night's broadcast:
  • Jon Stewart's line about Oscar's Tribute to Montages was, hands down, the best observation of the night. Reading on in search of more acute insight is a waste of your time.
  • Can someone please take Jessica Alba to the zoo?
  • I couldn't get the notion out of my head that Michelle Williams' dress was made entirely of pickled daikon.
  • OK, I do have one comment about the montages. If the Academy would cut out just one montage, they could free up 30 extra seconds for screwballs like the guys who made March of the Penguins to make us all giggle.
  • Philip Seymour Hoffman was uncanny in Capote. Go watch him.
  • My only real disappointment was that Good Night, and Good Luck got shut out. Sure, Crash was an (kinda) unflinching look at the complexities of racism in America. I just happen to think that the country really needs to go see a movie that highlights the fact that the press wasn't always a brigade of ineloquent, ineffectual sensationalist pussies, too cowardly to scrutinize those in power.
  • But why end on angry note when we can take another look at Michelle Williams in her lovely gown by Dolce and Benihana?

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, can ANY white girl look good in that color? I mean honestly? I'm not 100% sure most brown girls can pull it off either, but geez.

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, that was me above. -Holly

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger evandebacle said...

She's come a long way from being the puffy-faced hellion on Dawson's Creek. If she need to dress like a Japanese radish to take that next step, then I'm standing behind her.

But I do think her husband should have worn a suit the color of pickled ginger. That would've been so Brokeback.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home