Awesome Weekend or Holiday of Mediocrity: You Make The Call!
Rousing Success! I Rule!
- Went to South Side BBQ where there were dogs to play with, meat to eat, that vaguely homoerotic frat boy cookout game (cornhole) to play, and, oddly considering our Southness, the Cubs/Sox game on the radio, but tuned to the Cubs broadcast. The official explanation was that one-half of the host couple is a Cubs fan, but I suspect that it was the Sox fans who secretly reveled in Ron Santo emoting in tongues whenever bad luck (i.e., AJ Pierzynski) befell the Cubs.
- Went to vegetarian North Side BBQ where I had delicious Romanian sausage and met some guy who was jealous that I studied with Michael Silverstein. I accept your envy graciously, but seriously dude, your energies are best directed elsewhere.
- Two words: Rainbow cone.
- Cooked a panang curry.
- Watched the awesome Italian victory over Germany while eating someone else's chilaquiles from Arturo's.
- Listened to politicos try to save the Left. (1, 2)
- Avoided the Taste of Chicago.
- Only went to two BBQs.
- Had Cold Stone Creamery for the first time. Great if you want to enhance the hyperactivity disorder(s) of your obnoxious yuppie child; poor place for ice cream.
- Did not eat a single rib.
- Bowled poorly.
- Remember all that stuff I was gonna get done for work? Uh...
- Failed to do sentimentally American things such as eat a slice of apple pie, kiss a girl beneath the fireworks, or detain an enemy combatant.
- Tried to befriend a bird. Bird bit me three times, only landed on my head once.
- Went to see An Inconvenient Truth, but primarily for the air conditioning.